Waukesha Dram Shop Liability Attorneys

The legal drinking age in the United States is 21. One of the reasons that this age requirement was established in the United States was to reduce the number of alcohol related driving accidents, and since it was established, alcohol related accidents caused by persons under the age of 21 have dropped significantly. However, underage drinking still does occur and some of these minors do drive under the influence. When this happens, in the state of Wisconsin, and the minor causes an accident, the provider or seller of the alcohol could possibly be held liable for the injuries suffered by a third party.

Our Waukesha dram shop liability attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. believe that if someone provides alcohol to a minor who later injures someone else, they should share in the responsibility for that accident. If you or someone you love was harmed by a minor under the influence, you could be entitled to compensation not only from the individual who directly caused the accident, but also to the person who facilitated their intoxication. To speak with an attorney about your case today, contact our offices at 800-242-2874.

Wisconsin Dram Shop Laws

In the state of Wisconsin, a person may be held responsible for an accident caused by an underage drinker if they are guilty of one of the following actions:

  • Knowingly providing alcohol to a minor
  • Unknowingly providing alcohol to a minor if it is proven that a reasonable individual would have been aware that they were not of legal drinking age

Additionally, the alcohol in question must have been a significant factor in the accident. Determining whether or not a bar, club, or alcohol vendor should be liable for an accident caused by an underage drinker can be tricky however. Thus, if you suspect that your accident can be attributed to a negligent alcohol provider, don’t hesitate to discuss your case with an experienced dram shop liability lawyer.

Contact Us

Providing alcohol to minors endangers the minor as well as anyone who encounters them while driving. If you were injured by an intoxicated minor in a car accident, our Waukesha dram shop liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. may be able to help you get the compensation you need. To speak with an attorney today, contact us at 800-242-2874.