A woman in New York has filed a pharmacy error lawsuit
against a doctor and a pharmacy after an incorrect prescription led to her son’s
According to court documents, 12 year-old Phillipe Galette
was a patient of Dr. Marie Gisele St. Felx at the Queens Children’s Psychiatric
Center in New York. Galette was being treated for depression, mood swings, and
aggressive behavior. The lawsuit claims Felix accidentally wrote two
prescriptions for different strengths of the same drug, Bupropion.
were filled at a local Walgreens. A faulty computer system failed to catch the
double prescription, according to the lawsuit.
Phillipe’s mother followed the dosages prescribed on each
bottle and the boy overdosed on the drug, the lawsuit says. The complaint
alleges negligence on the part of Felix and Walgreens.
If you need assistance with a similar lawsuit, please
contact the Waukesha pharmacy error lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier,
S.C.®, at 800-242-2874.