A 10 year old biopolar patient at Memorial Hermann Bapist Behavorial Health Center slipped into coma after her began slurring his words and vomiting. After he was taken to a Houston hospital, it became clear that the boy’s condition was the result of lithium toxicity. The boy was diagnosed with ventricular tachycardia.
The boy’s gardian, a grandparent, is suing Memorial Hermann and claims they were clueless that they were administering a dangerous amount of lithium to her grandson. The boy had been hospitalized for bipolar disorder and ADHD and the nurse failed to record the proper amount of lithium carbonate that the boy was taking as medication. She recorded that he was taking 600 mg twice a day, which is twice the recommended dosage.
No one checked the nurse’s paper work and the boy was given the excessive lithium for 6 days until he collapsed.
The boy’s grandmother is suing for his medical expenses, mental anguish, physical pain, and loss of the enjoyment of life for her grandson.
If you or a loved one has fallen victim to injury due to medical malpractice, contact the Waukesha medical malpractice lawyers at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today to set up a free initial consultation.