Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® > Blog > Uncategorized > Woman dies from asbestos exposure after years of doing husband’s laundry

Woman dies from asbestos exposure after years of doing husband’s laundry

Posted under Uncategorized

After years of doing her husband’s laundry, Maxine Johnson died from asbestos exposure. Her husband, a retired plumber, claims that he was exposed to asbestos during his work. His wife handled all of his contaminated work laundry and became ill.

Elroyce, Maxine’s husband, worked at a variety of chemical plants, utility companies, and refineries. Mrs. Johnson was diagnosed with lung cancer as a result of handling her husband’s asbestos contaiminated clothing.

Mr. Johnson is suing his former employers for using products that contained asbestos and that were unreasonably dangerous. He claims that he was not properly warned of the health risks involved with his job and that his employer failed to properly protect him from asbestos exposure.

Mr. Johnson claims that his past employers knew about the health risks of their asbestos-laced products but did nothing to reduce the risks. He is suing for the wrongful death of his wife and exemplary damages.

For more information, contact the personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®