Stephen Tetlow has filed a lawsuit against Hasbro, Inc., after his infant son choked on a toy and died. The toy was a PlaySkool Cool Crew Team Talkin Tool Bench which includes a toy hammer, saw, drill, screwdriver, plastic nails and screws, and a vice.
According to Tetlow, his son was choked by one of the detachable nails that was a part of the playset. The child was taken to a hospital but died before the nail could be removed from his air passage. Tetlow states that the product was defective and dangerous. He also states that Hasbro was negligent in providing sufficient warnings about the possible dangers of the toy.
The tetlows are suing for medical expenses, funeral expenses, punitive damages, and emotional distress.